PermanentWarehouse Manager Required Urgently At Gauteng
Warehouse Manager Required Urgently At Gauteng
Job Type: Permanent
Company/Employer: Sharon Nurock Recruitment c.c.
Job Title: Warehouse Manager Required Urgently At Gauteng
Our client, an international logistics & distribution company, needs a sussed and experienced individual for their Warehouse in Boksburg.
You will be responsible for the full management of the warehouse, inclusive of operational, SHERQ, financial and commercial functions relating to the warehouse operation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The Person:
- Degree or Diploma in Logistics and/or relevant qualification.
- At least 5 to 8 years’ management experience in a similar environment.
- Medium to large business logistics operations experience.
- Commercial prowess and proven ability in the customer services environment at a management level.
- Overall site management experience
- Excellent knowledge of running warehouses and managing high level of stock rotation.
- Excellent knowledge of handling dry bulk, breakbulk and palletised commodities required.
- Management of, developing, maintaining and increasing profitability of the warehouse.
- Profit and Loss management experience including budgeting in department.
- Business Central experience advantageous.
- The Job:
- Manage a team of Warehouse Supervisors and Stock Controllers.
- Manage and develop the budgets and P&L of the Warehouse department.
- Safeguard the warehouse operations and contents by monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Manage and account for all receipts and despatches and communicate this effectively with the Finance department.
- Participate in stock/project management internally or when required by Management.
Finance & Income Generation:
- Market the warehousing service and achieve the monthly gross margin targets set to deliver against the annual budget expectations.
- Assist in the effective financial management of the warehouse and contribute to the same for the greater company.
- Stock Rotation & Space Utilisation:
- Continually maximise space utilisation through effective stock rotation and stacking and storage principals.
- Monitor stock aging and conduct FIFO stock control on a weekly and ongoing basis.
- Work closely with the Inventory Controller on correct stock rotation and ensure 100% stock reporting.
- Plan, co-ordinate, monitor and manage the movement of all incoming/outgoing goods.
- Active planning and forecasting on warehouse space and resources in line with shipments and deliveries.
- Plan and conduct the stock counts as per the company’s management guidelines.
- Ensure continuous improvement within the operation, ensuring that the operation always runs as efficient as possible to remain as cost effective as possible.
- Target the reduction of operating costs – ongoing.
- Engage staff via labour broker as per the operational requirement.
- Achieve tasks on external breakbulk shipments.
- Control and ensure adherence to all systems and processes.
- Manage all SOPs and Work Instructions for all warehouse activities in line with SHERQ department requirements.
- Manage and drive the QMS and ensure all incidents, accidents and non-conformances are reported, and closed out per the SHERQ NCR process.
- Maintain SHERQ standards and record keeping, inspection checklists, toolbox training, correct PPE and warehouse inductions as necessary.
- Work closely with the SHERQ department.
- Ensure HSE is being complied with, and deliver excellent housekeeping practices.
- Ensure that the warehouse is safely locked down, when there is no operational activity.
- Conduct WMS variance analysis, investigate variances and prepare variance reporting / evidence as well as counter measures to be via the QMS.
- Evaluate and analyse returns to highlight deficiencies/deviations affecting the Warehouse operations and include this in the monthly report.
- Provide daily production/operational reports to management.
- Damaged / Expired Goods:
- Ensure that the cargo is always protected in the warehouse through means of safe stacking, correct equipment, relevant packaging resources, competent operators, etc.
- Good financial, mathematical and analytical skill sets.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Willingness to lead by example and when/where necessary get involved at floor level to ensure delivery at the correct standard and/or method.
- Excellent leadership skills to develop reporting staff and working knowledge of developing succession plans in department
- Experience in ERP systems.
Package & Remuneration
- Market related
34 total views, 1 today