PermanentPosition for Experienced Storeman Required Urgently
Position for Experienced Storeman Required Urgently
Job Type: Permanent
Company/Employer: Imerys Refractory Minerals (Pty) Ltd
Job Title: Position for Experienced Storeman Required Urgently
Calderys is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Imerys, the world leader in mineral-based specialties for industry. Calderys is a global network of industry-leading experts working in close collaboration with our customers to provide personalised refractory solutions.
A vacancy exists at Calderys, Vereeniging for a Storeman reporting to the Warehouse Supervisor.
Purpose of the Role:
- To ensure accurate recording of equipment and consumables entered into, and distributed from stock.
- Job Scope
- Responsible for receiving consumables.
- Check and sign for consumable deliveries.
- Allocating and placing consumables in store.
- Assist with preload of equipment and consumables being dispatched to site.
- Check daily stock on hand and perform monthly stock taking
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Receiving consumables and equipment delivered to Calderys.
- Checking the consumables quantity against the delivery note, conformance to specifications and other requirements.
- Pre-load goods ready to be dispatched to site.
- Submit delivery/dispatch notes to supervisor.
- Unload/load material using a forklift and placing it in the correct areas.
- Cleaning the work areas and service counter.
- Issue out PPE.
- Check, test and record tools issued to staff/site.
- Complete the transfer forms with the correct material code and description accurately that will be shared with the supervisor for capturing.
- Conduct inventory stock taking.
- Assist and guide the delivery/collection crews.
- Control/check receiving of consumable stock ensuring that wastage losses are limited or avoided.
- Achieving customer satisfaction objectives by providing efficient receiving and dispatching consumables & tools
- Meeting and achieving all applicable HSEQ SOP’s for the Store’s function
Other Important Functions:
- Open/ close the storeroom and checking the facility
- Required to operate a Forklift as requested
- Check receipt of tools returned from the site and record their conditions.
- Monthly stocktaking
- Review expiry dates and rotate products as necessary
- Job Specifications- Education and Experience Requirement:
- Minimum Grade 12
- Forklift (F1) license
- Basic numeracy and literacy in English
- 1 years’ experience in stores, experience on industry related products.
- Knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics:
- Attention to detail
- Strong documentation skills
- Good communication skills
- Customer oriented skill
- Working in noise and dust areas, required to use appropriate PPE
- In addition, working at heights and confined spaces. Ability to work under pressure, achieving project planning milestones and deliverables, achieving time and budget expectations.
- Read and write in English, communicating and reporting on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
- May be required to work shifts or outside of normal working hours.
52 total views, 1 today