Permanent Logistics and Distribution Manager Wanted
Logistics and Distribution Manager Wanted
Job Type: Permanent
Job Title: Logistics and Distribution Manager Wanted
- Procure vehicles (inc. trailers and auxiliary equipment) using transporter fleet discounting
- General Procurement
- Procure fuel and vehicle consumables at the best price/quality/service point through the leveraging of bulk purchasing/single sourcing.
- Organize the safe and efficient receipt, storage, and dispatch of warehouse goods.
- Management of model stock, manage forklifts to ensure they are reliable, optimally utilized and retains long-term value.
- Ensure all vehicles are at the designated loading / offloading points at the agreed times.
- Ensure that vehicles are loaded/offloaded within agreed times.
- Ensure all vehicles are optimally routed using Roadshow.
- Manage all vehicles on route or returning from destinations to detect unexpected/undesirable behaviours.
- Ensuring that Roadshow is used effectively and drivers stick to the planned routes.
- Ensure daily planning of vehicle usage is completed.
- Ensure all documents required are in order and collected or returned to the correct recipient.
- Specifically, GRNs must be actioned as soon as possible.
- Human Resources
- Recruiting of competent drivers.
- Ensure all drivers are fully trained and qualified.
- Ensure adherence to all required legislation (logistics, labour, and environmental).
- Candidate Requirements
- Grade 12 (Matric Certificate)
- 5+ years operations & logistics experience
- Supply Chain Qualifications (Optional but desired)
- Advanced computer literacy
- Logistics and operations
- Budgeting and costing management
- Analytical and problem solving
- People and team management skills
- Conflict management skills
- Surveying skills
- Experience in Inventory control
- Experience Meeting Minute taking
9 total views, 2 today