Permanent Job Vacancy for Code 10 Driver Needed
Job Vacancy for Code 10 Driver Needed
Location: Port Elizabeth
Job Type: Permanent
Company/Employer: Talented Recruitment
Job Title: Job Vacancy for Code 10 Driver Needed
A global company within the fuel, oil and gas industry is seeking a Code 10 Driver to operate QL & TSA Truck/Bakkie to perform scheduled pick-ups and deliveries as instructed. Based in Port Elizabeth.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Valid driver’s license.
- Professional truck driving experience preferred and where necessary Public Driver’s Permit (PDP).
- All drivers to have a valid Dangerous Goods Permit (DGP) reflecting on their driver’s license.
- A valid Driver’s License preferably without having been suspended.
- Valid dangerous goods certificate is advantageous.
- Valid forklift license is beneficial.
- Must have a driving record that is acceptable to the companies and its auto insurance company.
- Must be able to push, pull, lift and/or transfer up to 30 kg.
- Certification in First Aid and CPR will be an added advantage.
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Committed to self-improvement.
- Ability to act as a positive adult role model
- Ability to monitor and direct the work of others, e.g. Driver Assistant.
- General interpersonal skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position includes, but is not limited to, the following essential functions:
- Will be courteous to the public and individuals at business while making deliveries or pick ups.
- Be responsible for quality control in all areas of production, assembly, packaging, pick-up and delivery of product.
- Will make sure truck and forklift are maintained and in proper running order.
- Make sure the truck inside and out is kept clean.
- Will ensure the fleet vehicles are maintained and in proper running order by performing appropriate maintenance checks, scheduling oil changes, repairs and inspections as needed.
- Will be responsible for correct count and order numbers on shipping tickets and the delivery of such.
- Will make deliveries and pick-ups as directed, meeting scheduled dock times.
- Will turn in any paperwork received while on the route to the Internal sales office.
- Will assure contract work is loaded and unloaded in a safe and organized manner.
- Will be responsible for keeping products in the warehouse organized.
- Will perform maintenance and safety checks as directed by Senior Supervisor/Junior Supervisor.
- Will be responsible for fueling the truck and submitting tickets for purchase of such fuel to the Senior Supervisor/Junior Supervisor.
- Be responsible for charging the forklift when needed.
- Will follow the chain of command and communicate directly with the Senior Supervisor/Junior Supervisor.
- Be actively involved in the scheduled Store’s meetings, giving input to improve service to clients.
- Complete any assigned tasks in the given or stipulated time
- Assist in seeing that grounds and building maintenance are completed as directed by the Senior Supervisor/Junior Supervisor.
- Assist the Senior Supervisor/Junior Supervisor with inventory as directed.
- Attend and successfully complete all necessary staff orientation and training functions
- Ensure that logbooks are filled in correctly.
- Report all incidents immediately to the office and complete an Incident Report Form.
- Embrace the values and philosophy of the company.
- Treat persons served with the utmost dignity and respect.
- Work as a team with other staff to give quality service to the persons we serve.
- Should you not receive a response within the next 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Vacancies are advertised on our website, www.talentedrecruitment.co.za should you wish to keep abreast with our active roles.
- By applying to this advert you hereby acknowledge that you have read and accept the following Protection of Personal Information ACT (POPIA) disclaimer:
- I hereby consent for Talented Recruitment to process my personal information as part of the recruitment process. Talented Recruitment shall take all reasonable measures to protect the personal information of applicants and for the purpose of this disclaimer “personal information” shall be defined as detailed in the Protection of Personal Information Act, Act 4 of 2013 (“POPIA”).
38 total views, 1 today