Permanent Job Vacancy for Experienced Building Manager Needed
Job Vacancy for Experienced Building Manager Needed
Job Type: Permanent
Job Title: Job Vacancy for Experienced Building Manager Needed
- Responsible for the management of the building. Develops related budgets, ensures that all buildings, grounds, and equipment are well maintained and in optimal working condition. Implements departmental policies and procedures and ensures that all operations are in accordance with established health and safety regulations. Ensures that services purchased are of acceptable quality in compliance with the procurement policies. Keeps Senior Management well informed of area activities and significant problems. Trains, directs, and appraises assigned personnel. Ensure all buildings, grounds and equipment are well maintained in working order.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Management Role
- Assumes responsibility for the effective operations management of building and facilities.
- Performs ad hoc quality control checks.
- Ensures premises are in satisfactory condition.
- Reports all items to Operations Manager especially if complaints have been lodged.
- Ensures that urgent matters are reported immediately and attended to immediately.
- Supervises and control maintenance site staff and allocate duties.
- Performs certain hands-on maintenance work where required from time to time.
- Assumes responsibility for the effective repairs and maintenance of the building.
- Continuously survey buildings to identify maintenance needs.
- Ensures compliance with legal regulations. Completes regular OSH inspections and updates monthly reports as appropriate. Ensures that OSHA requirements are effectively implemented.
- Responds promptly and efficiently to tenant maintenance requirements.
- Responds promptly and efficiently to duties allocated to you by the Operations Manager.
- Checks exterior and interior of buildings and identify problem areas.
- Checks all fire equipment.
- Ensures that he is familiar with how the emergency equipment functions and what the company’s emergency procedures are.
- Performs repairs where necessary and if these cannot be repaired, advises the Operations Manager immediately. Contact relevant contractor.
- Identifies daily maintenance issues, communicates with the Operations Manager and schedules the work for your attendance.
- Assumes responsibility for ensuring professional business relations with tenants, vendors, contractors, and trade professionals.
- Works to develop and maintain productive business relations with vendors, suppliers, contractors, etc.
- Acts as a liaison between the Company and external contacts.
- Ensures effective coordination of external services with Company operations.
- Obtains and conveys information as appropriate.
- Promotes goodwill and a positive image of the Company.
- Follow up on invoices to process for payment.
- Effectively assigns task to Centre personnel, ensuring optimal performance. (Management Role)
- Assigns tasks and coordinates personnel and or contractors. Directs daily operations.
- Ensures that staffing levels are appropriate. Interviews, hires, and assigns personnel as necessary.
- Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Ensures that work area is clean, secure, safe and well maintained.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Performs any duties that may be allocated by the company and the Operations Manager
- Familiarises himself with the emergency numbers and contractor’s details in order to assist the Operations Manager, or act in his absence as well as being on standby 24hrs.
- Required to be on standby where required by the Management for emergencies.
- Other – Hotel Maintenance
- The employee will be responsible for the maintenance, repairs and upkeep of all hotel and spa premises and property and his job shall include inter alia:
- Reporting on any immovable or movable property belonging to Urban Park Hotel including spa, conference centres, restaurant, foyer and reception, etc.
- Attending to or assisting in the necessary repairs or maintenance of hotel property subject to consent/authorization by the general manager/owner
- Liaising with contractors, sub-contractors, service providers, security and cleaning personnel, managing agents, etc. to ensure that the hotel property is maintained to a high standard
- Supervision of all cleaning and precinct security staff in the hotel
- All things as are necessary to ensure that the hotel security, cleaning, maintenance and repairs functions operate at a high standard and in keeping with instructions issued by the general manager from time to time
- The employee shall keep a log of all activities performed by him for the hotel operation. He acknowledges that one third of his salary is funded by the hotel and will obey and observe all instructions issued to him by the hotel general manager/owner
- Good communication and coordination exists with departments. Assistance is provided as needed.
- Senior Management is appropriately informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
- Ensures compliance procurement and OSH policies and regulations.
- Company facilities are well maintained and secure and meet the needs of the Company.
- Building operations are efficiently and cost effectively administered.
- Current and future Building needs are well planned and budgets are established and maintained.
- Effective business relations exist with vendors, contractors, and trade professionals.
- Additional related maintenance and Building management training preferred.
- Excellent understanding of Building management procedures.
- Knowledge of budgeting, service contracts, and leasing agreements.
- Five or more years of related experience, with at least two or more years of supervisory experience.
- Excellent leadership abilities.
- Able to organise, coordinate, and direct team activities.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Good communications skills.
- Able to use all related maintenance equipment and computer applications.
33 total views, 1 today