PermanentJob Position for Courier Driver Wanted Urgently
Job Position for Courier Driver Wanted Urgently
Job Type: Permanent
Company/Employer: HO Division
Job Title: Job Position for Courier Driver Wanted Urgently
Dis-Chem Pharmacies’ Oncology in Midrand has an opportunity available for a Code 8/10 Driver. You will be required to ensure efficient and accurate delivery of required goods to the correct customer in order and good condition.
- Grade 12 / Matric with English
- Valid Code 8/10 Drivers licence
- 2 years’ relevant door to door delivery experience
- Courier and/or Logistics experience
- Job Specification…
- Effective and efficient relationships of both internal and external customers in order to improve operational requirements.
- Vehicle inspection check list must be done on a daily basis.
- Ensure that the vehicle is loaded as per the delivery log sheet and company procedures.
- Use the shortest and most efficient route to the delivery store and back to the office.
- Offload the correct goods for the required practice in such a manner as to prevent damages. Assist with the unpacking where required.
- Ensure that the vehicle is never unattended during the delivery process unless secured and locked.
- Accountable for all damages and losses throughout the delivery process.
- Responsible for the Nedfleet card and filling up with fuel using the correct odometer reading.
- Nedfleet card only to be used for the vehicle which the card was allocated to.
- Adhere to the road traffic rules and regulations as per the Road Traffic Act; and the driver is responsible for any traffic fines allocated to the vehicle he/she is driving.
- Responsible to keep the vehicle clean and presentable. Both exterior and interior.
- To assist in Manifesting and Despatch when not on the road.
- To report any vehicle trouble/damage to the Admin Manager the same working day.
- Alert Admin Manager/Dispensary Supervisor of any material delays in deliveries including major traffic conditions.
- Never to utilise the vehicle for any personal trips/stops including lunch and tea times.
- Vehicles are fitted with GPS tracking – any abnormalities will result in disciplinary action.
- Ensure accuracy of delivery of all parcels to correct address.
- To indicate every stop on the daily Driver Trip Sheets.
- To take used boxes to allocated bins @ DC as and when required.
- Have knowledge of routes and street names of designated area/s
- Good communication skills
- Trustworthy and honest
- English –Read, write and speak
- Be able to communicate proactively in order to build co-operative relationships with customers
- Time management, deadline driven and attention to detail
Special conditions of employment:
- South African citizen
- MIE, clear criminal and credit
- Be able to adapt to working hours according to business needs
Remuneration and benefits:
- Market related salary
- Medical aid
- Provident fund
- Staff account
34 total views, 1 today