Internship Job for Supply Chain Intern Needed
Job for Supply Chain Intern Needed
Location: Sand ton
Job Type: Internship
Company/Employer: For Discussion
Job Title: Job for Supply Chain Intern Needed
Purpose of the role
To assist with ensuring that all Company’s standards, processes related to supplier management, product tracking, assured supply and contingency tests are tracked and managed.
- Reviewing data and involved in projects
- Following through with SC Manager on requirements for new product/new supplier and minimum requirements and all legal documentation as it relates to new suppliers/product/s.
- Track contingency tests, travel tests, on any new product/s.
- Have a good understanding of excel and be numerically literate to understand and track sales/pricing and benchmarking exercises.
- Understand the forecasting model per category and update on a monthly basis.
- Track commodities on a monthly basis per category as agreed with the SC Manager.
- Track and understand stock levels, ordering processes, safety stock requirements per product category shared by the SC Manager.
- Understand and follow up on product recalls with the QA team.
- Involved in product cuttings/evaluation with suppliers at factories as well as in restaurants. Track gaps and follow through with supplier as well as the QA team on closing gaps.
- Track promotions relevant to the SC Manager’s profile and evaluate the plan vs actual as required.
- Understand the import tracking process with a view on orders/concerns/actions to mitigate shortages or product write offs.
- Work in cross functional teams with QA/Ops to understand the full process of new product integration/operational challenges/product sign off for launch.
- Manage and review product allocations for new or existing products into distribution centres and into restaurants.
- Conducts supplier and restaurants visits
- Understand the process of handling customer complaints and RPC’s and actions required.
- The table below gives a good over view of the interactions involved in the SC function.
- Candidate Requirements
- Studying towards a Supply Chain/Logistics Diploma/Degree
- BCom Supply Chain Management
- Diploma in Supply Chain through CIPS
12 total views, 2 today