Permanent IT Governance & Security Manager Wanted
IT Governance & Security Manager Wanted
Job Type: Permanent
Company/Employer: Boikago Group (Pty) Ltd
Job Title: IT Governance & Security Manager Wanted
A toll refining business, leading producer of platinum group metals (PGMs), structured around six mining operations and Refining Services is seeking to enlarge their team with a IT Governance & Security Manager .
Purpose of the Role
The IT Governance & Security Manager will provide strategic leadership in ensuring effective information and technology (IT) governance, risk and compliance (GRC) management and protecting the systems and investments, in support of the IT strategy of the company Group.
- Manage and direct the development and maintenance of governance frameworks and governance structures
- Define the strategies for maturing IT processes, based on agreed governance and quality frameworks (COBIT and others) and ensure the execution thereof, hence contributing towards effective IT process execution and governance
- Direct and facilitate the development and maintenance of IT-related policies and procedures, in support of the department’s and company Group strategic objectives
- Manage the conceptualization, design and formulation of the department and group performance scorecard based on performance objectives, deliverables and performance targets
- Provide regular reporting and recommendations on SAP IT GRC to various oversight forums
- Manage the planning and drive the execution of control self-assessments to ensure the integrity of the company Group systems and improve the soundness of the IT control environment
- Manage strategic and operational IT risks and establish a risk awareness culture in the organisation
- Keep the governance executive committee and other IT governance structures abreast of the developments in IT governance and other related topics
- Accountable for all software systems that support the control of governance, risk and compliance
- Champions and delivers the cybersecurity across all operating geographies to reduce cyber risk across company Group.
- Developing cybersecurity strategy for the company Group aligned to the group IT strategy
- Overseeing the implementation of large-scale cybersecurity initiatives across the group
- Delivering new security capabilities into business and identify opportunities and security demand from business areas
- Minimum experience & qualifications required
Relevant NQF level 7 qualification in Information Systems Management or an equivalent qualification required.
An industry certification in IT governance, IT auditing/risk or IT compliance
Risk-related industry-standard qualifications such as CISA, CISM, CRISC / CGEIT / CEH / CPTE / CISSP / AWS Security / Microsoft Security or equivalent qualification will be an advantage.
A minimum of 8 to 10 years’ experience in IT GRC or related disciplines such as IT risk management, IT governance and IT compliance, with at least 5 to 8 years’ experience in people management
Experience in compliance frameworks for Information Security, Compliance and IT Governance Standards: ISO 2700x, PCI-DSS, COBIT, King III/IV, NIST and ITIL
Sound knowledge GRC legislation; quality assurance; control definitions, risk and compliance monitoring and reporting.
Successfully managed and implemented IT Risk and Compliance projects and process improvements.
Knowledge of SOX Compliance and of SOX ITGC is required.
Experience implementing large scale cyber Programmes in geographically dispersed locations and within multinational organisation
Operational background in cybersecurity with non-technical writing skills
Cyber Security Incident Response Experience and knowledge of Information Technology and IT Security
8 total views, 2 today