Permanent Facilities Manager Required immediately
Facilities Manager Required immediately
Job Type: Permanent
Company/Employer: ADvTECH Support Office
Job Title: Facilities Manager Required immediately
The Facilities Manager is responsible for establishing work procedures and processes for all the technical, soft services and business support functions.
The incumbent will also assume overall accountability for planning, scheduling, monitoring and executing all maintenance related aspects,
building information management systems, planned inspections and auditing of building(s) within his portfolio.
Cognisanse must be taken of the vision and strategic objectives of the organisation as a whole.
The incumbent is also accountable for the management of the operational activities of the responsible team in relation to staff issues, financial management and budgeting as well as any other related management issues. Planning, organising, leading and control are therefore integral aspects of their daily routine.
Overall Job Purpose:
- To engage in the planning, management and monitoring of all aspects related to the management of the buildings and inspection of work to ensure that quality standards are maintained or improved. Ensure strong customer relationships are built and expectations are met and managed.
- Manpower allocation, assessment and performance management of outsourced service providers in cleaning, hygiene and security.
- Supervises and coordinates all maintenance service and repairs pertaining to building and related equipment.
- Takes charge of all emergencies and ensures responsible back-up is available in order to take corrective action as necessary. Emergencies also includes acts of Gods, plagues and pandemics. • Implements all maintenance and general procurement of materials and parts, schedules installations and oversees that such repairs are accomplished in a safe and timely manner.
- Formulates and implements preventative maintenance programs for utility systems, equipment and building maintenance.
- Conducts in-service training and implements safety regulations and programs, identify risks and develop mitigation measures.
- Maintains accurate records with regard to annual inspection of equipment and general preventative maintenance including rotational work assignment and over-time allowances and staff related matters.
- Is responsible for the management of and reporting on the project’s budget including municipal accounts and service provider billing.
- To undertake any other duties as may be required by the level of the post, and as required by the Head Facilities Manager.
- Implement all the Company policies and procedures related to facility management and OHS requirements
- Report on performance of the buildings under management in terms of budgets and utilize service providers platforms to manage water and electrical consumption
- Ability to Speak, Read and Write English.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- A flexible approach to work.
- Attention to detail.
- Motivating staff. Must have staff management experience.
- Ability to prioritise own workload to meet deadlines.
- Computer literacy in office documents and excel spreadsheets required
- Experience and thorough understanding of green building management will be an advantage.
- An understanding of Customer Care.
- An understanding of Health and Safety issues.
- Ability to analyze facts and exercise sound judgment in arriving at conclusions.
- Ability to develop long-term plans and programs and to evaluate work accomplishments.
- Ability to read and interpret documents
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process;
- Makes timely decisions and execute,
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments. Relevant Experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in FM on Middle to Senior Management level.
- Thorough understanding of maintenance planning and scheduling
- Demonstrate leadership skills and a willingness to grow and learn new skill sets.
- Own reliable transport required
- Occasional weekend working and
6 total views, 1 today